Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Quit

Things I've quit doing...and I'm glad about it:
  • Secretly eating s'mores from the microwave
  • Answering the phone on the first ring
  • Leaving the house at every opportunity
  • Wearing pantyhose with sandals (ok, it's been a long time, but it just came to me)
  • Watching Austin Powers late at night
  • Feeling guilty about not having a daily quiet time
  • Separating my skittles into color piles before eating them (ok, sometimes I still do that)
  • Believing that some people are perfect

Things I've quit doing...and am sad about it

  • Journaling faithfully
  • Praying with each child every night
  • Buying fun, new clothes
  • Reading Jack Handey's Deep Thoughts
  • Wearing heels

Things I've never/seldom done...but want to start

  • Showing up and being me, all the time
  • Chasing after my creative ideas
  • Focusing on the really great stuff
  • Sitting still outside
  • Camping with my family

Things I do...and I'm going to keep on doing

  • Setting up the coffee pot the night before
  • Writing
  • Wearing lipstick
  • Calling my friends when they come to mind
  • Thinking about the Gospel
  • Returning to the the truth of the Gospel (because I forget it over and over and over again)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

love that you're no longer wearing hose w/sandals... but a bit worried that you WANT to wear heels. we must talk. this must be a crisis of faith, possibly influenced by your need to "start focusing on the really great stuff." ha!
we're back- let's talk soon! want to meet for a mama glass o wine sometime? or a double date? d returns sun. love you and miss you!