Thursday, April 3, 2008

Inspired

It's been several months since my last post and that's because I've been feeling a bit uninspired. And things like buying a new automobile and surviving spring break have been demanding my attention recently. But I realize that I can always make time for something I love, especially the expression of my thoughts in words, inspired or not.

Some of the topics I'm considering are these:

Faith...is it arrogant to say that even if God took a child from me I would stay faithful to him? Does that "faith" say more about me or more about Him?

Dinner...and how much I hate to cook and the fact that we eat about 10 meals on a rotating basis.

Decorating...the way it fills that need for creativity and yet how defeated I feel when I can't determine what my "style" is.

Bible Study...do I really want it? Is it what God intended it to be?

Self-Defense

High School Reunions...were they created to disappoint?

Car Shopping...how things have changed (web-based information overload) and how they haven't (gravelly-voiced salesman, reassuring from the back seat and his business manager: what can we do to earn your business TODAY?)

The Woods...how to keep them woodsy, yet neat

How car-buying tactics can help when purchasing flagstone for landscaping

Economic Stimulus Tax Rebate...for suckers like us

Camp...how to make your kids pay half

My job...what should I do when it starts feeling like work?

So, now I'm going to ponder these and wait for inspiration (or not).

1 comment:

Rachel said...

glad i checked in!

i'd be particularly interested in b.study, faith, dinner, flagstone-purchasing, and camp... if you get inspired!

i hope your wkd w/barbara was great. i look forward to hearing about it! want to do a playdate next mon?